Queen of Pentacles’
Ideas: Errand, excursion, takeout
Traits: Adaptable, anticipative, fair, flexible, moderate, rational
Emotions: Annoyance, frustration, homesickness, irritation, neglect
- Eating out
- Finding the right pet for yourself
- Getting help with the housework
- Going out for a short trip
- Hiring a caregiver
- Identifying what deserves your caring
- Learning to appreciate what you now have
- Treating yourself
Ideas: Homebody, homecoming, hospitality
Traits: Gentle, kind, maternal, patient, protective, selfless, tolerant, warm
Emotions: Caring, contentment, relief, satisfaction, tenderness
- Appreciating the good things in life
- Giving others a warm welcome
- Making a healthy meal
- Promoting the growth or development of someone or something
- Returning to your home
- Rewarding someone with compensation
- Spending quality time with your loved ones
Ideas: Household chores, gourmandizer, overparenting
Traits: Dependent, greedy, indulgent, obsessive, preoccupied, possessive, soft
Emotions: Desire, envy, jealousy, pity, pride, sympathy
- Allowing a feeling of entitlement to distort your gratitude for what you’re given
- Becoming insatiable
- Blunting the impact of treats by indulging in them too often
- Indulging in gluttony or greediness
- Providing physical comfort without providing for emotional needs
- Shielding someone from failures
Queen of Pentacles’
How often do you cheat yourself by opting for the less expensive, the less suitable, or the less than perfect? There’s great pleasure in sacrificing for, saving for, and acquiring something “just right.” You may find anticipating something is more pleasurable than having it.
Over time, passion may give way to comfort; both of these incarnations of love have their benefits. A luxury shared with others becomes even more luxurious. Don’t overthink sex and relationships. Instead, set reasonable limits and embrace what your body yearns for.
Strive to incorporate special touches and little extras in your products and services today. These may require more time or resources to complete, but the results will be well worth the investment. Don’t be satisfied with anything less than the very best product possible.
Cocoon yourself in spiritual protection. Say an extra prayer. Burn an expensive stick of incense and savor the sweet aroma. Light a scented candle. Enjoy a ritual dinner. Alternatively, heighten your appreciation for your blessings by engaging in a period of voluntary simplicity. What can you do without?
Queen of Pentacles’
Reflecting themes of luxury and sensuality, the Queen of Pentacles is frequently clothed in rich fabrics and loose, comfortable robes. She loves the pentacle in her hands: its texture, its temperature, its smoothness, its weight. What might happen if you emulated her attention to sensual detail?
The Treasured Pentacle
What an object of art that Pentacle is! What might happen if you were to put your own best side forward, thrusting it into the spotlight for all to admire?
The Value of True Comfort
Money and health come and go. How can you cultivate a level of comfort that transcends sudden and unexpected changes in your circumstances?
The Marseilles Image
The Marseilles Queen of Coins gazes into her Coin as though it were a crystal ball. In some ways, knowing the future is the ultimate luxury. What outcomes can you predict? With those predictions in mind, what actions should you be taking now as a means of securing your own comfort tomorrow?
- This card represents a woman with an expansive, sensual nature, likely born between December 13 and 31, who uses sensual appeal and the promise of reward to sway others to her point of view.
- Between December 13 and 31
- “I relish the best this world has to offer.”
- Classical Element
- Water of Earth
- The Queen of Pentacles can represent anyone who wants to encourage others (Queen) to appreciate the pleasures of the physical world (Pentacles). The Queen may also represent the tendency to be more materially-minded than spiritually-minded, or the need to pursue personal comfort at almost any cost.
- Story Character
- The main character must avoid being lulled into complacency by the temptations of “the good life.”
- Questions to Ask
- How do I define luxury?
- To what extent am I capable of reveling in sensual pleasure?
- What would I have to give up in order to “have it all?”