Ace of Wands’
Ideas: Inappropriate goal, rejection, recharging of creativity
Traits: Cautious, cowardly, discouraging, dull, hesitant, incurious, indecisive, lazy, uncreative, unimpressive
Emotions: Contentment, disappointment, hope, insecurity, relief, satisfaction
- Concentrating on current undertaking
- Finding your passion
- Looking elsewhere for more attractive opportunities
- Recharging your creative batteries
- Taking time to consider a new ambition
- Turning down an unexciting offer
Ideas: Creation, direction, inspiration, invention, solution
Traits: Adventurous, confident, courageous, creative, curious, energetic, pure, sexy
Emotions: Eagerness, enjoyment, enthusiasm, excitement, optimism, pleasure
- Creating something new
- Discovering a solution
- Getting inspired
- Giving or receiving direction
- Identifying an important goal
- Motivating yourself in a creative manner
- Planning whatever you want to do
Ideas: Dominance, hasty risk-taking, job hopping
Traits: Careless, distractible, greedy, hurried, impatient, impulsive, strong-willed, thoughtless, willful
Emotions: Anxiety, desire, lust, thrill, neglect, pride, tenseness
- Abusing your passion
- Adding a new commitment to your busy lifestyle
- Jumping from one unfinished project to another
- Starting several new projects at once
- Taking charge solely for power
- Taking risks without a second thought
Ace of Wands’
Where should you be in five years? In ten years? Rather than float like a leaf on the river, consider the value of setting standards for yourself. In addition to defining a direction, give yourself milestones to meet. Before you know it, your dreams will be realities.
This could be the start of something big. It’s time to evaluate what you really want; once you do, you can decide whether or not this opportunity can take you there. Be careful: overwhelming attraction can distort good judgment.
The only way to stop moving in circles is to define clear criteria for success. What’s the goal? What do you need in order to achieve it? What steps must be taken to get from A to B? This card heralds the need for absolute clarity. Anything less breeds confusion.
Where does your spiritual path lead? Walking a path without direction amounts to wandering in the wilderness: you may have some amazing experiences, but there’s no easy way to measure progress. What signs of evolution should you see as you grow?
Ace of Wands’
The Hand of God
On the Aces in Marseilles and Rider–Waite–Smith-inspired decks, a heavenly hand extends from the clouds, offering the viewer the suit’s distinctive marker. When opportunity comes your way, take advantage of it; the hand that extends an offer can always withdraw it.
Types of Wands
Many decks depict budding Wands, suggesting the potential for growth. Wands in general are a tool for focusing creative energy. In your situation, will growth happen on its own, or will you have to focus your creative energy to move ahead?
Wands as a Symbol
As a suit marker, Wands suggest the power and potency of a king’s scepter. When a Magician wants something to happen, he waves his magic wand to make his intentions manifest. What action must you take to convert your dreams into realities?
The Nature of the Ace
Compressed into the Ace are all the qualities of all the other cards of the suit. In this way, the Ace can be said to be the “root” or “seed” of its associated element. How might your situation contain the seeds of future action?
Your First Impressions
When you see the Ace, what’s your first impression? Is the Wand hovering there, waiting for you to take it? Is the hand offering you the Wand … or moving to hit you with it? What might that suggest about the nature of your desires?
- Someone has the hots for you.
- A new job offer is coming your way.
- Walk softly, and carry a big stick.
- In the spring
(between March 21 and June 21)
- “I jump at the opportunity to pursue my heart’s desire.”
- Numerology Number
(the origin: the starting point, the seed, opportunity)
- Astrology Element
- Astrology Signs
- The main character has an opportunity to join the story’s quest.
- Questions to Ask
- What do I really want, more than anything else?
- What happens if I let this opportunity pass me by?
- How clearly have I defined my directions, values, and goals?
- Related Pages
- Tarot Card Meanings Guide
- Exploring Today’s Tarot
- Consulting the Tarot
- Traditional Tarot Card Meanings
- Thirteen Fun Things to Do with Tarot Cards
- Where to Go to Learn More