Four of Cups’
Ideas: Communication, gratitude, romantic opportunities
Traits: Appreciative, considerate, decisive, friendly, honest, open, sober, tolerant, trusting
Emotions: Caring, eagerness, gladness, optimism, relief, tenderness
- Accepting every emotional or spiritual support you can get
- Appreciating what you have
- Becoming aware of which suits you best
- Communicating your emotional needs
- Exploring romantic opportunities
- Getting in touch with others
- Putting aside your ego
Ideas: Consideration, craving resistance, emotional stability
Traits: Calm, contemplative, disciplined, patient, rational, reflective, reserved, stable
Emotions: Contentment, hope, nervousness, satisfaction, uneasiness
- Considering different options that are presented
- Maintaining your emotional stability
- Needing to be left alone to calm down somewhere
- Refusing to give in to overwhelming emotions
- Resisting the cravings
- Seeing the value of long-term commitments
Ideas: Boredom, lethargy, listlessness
Traits: Cold, discontented, dreamy, indecisive, lazy, neglectful, unfriendly, ungrateful
Emotions: Annoyance, disappointment, frustration, grouchiness, grumpiness, irritation, pride
- Daydreaming at the expense of your work
- Feeling everything should stay just like it is
- Ignoring romantic or spiritual opportunities
- Refusing to be engaged by opportunity
- Spurning inspiration
- Taking people and relationships for granted
- Waiting for the perfect opportunity
Four of Cups’
Boredom and ingratitude blind us to new opportunities. Don’t fall into this trap! Alter your routine. Try new foods. Dress in different colors. Break the mold, and you’ll never stop growing.
Without adequate attention, even the best relationships grow stale over time. Reignite the spark. Rediscover what brought you together. If on your own and unhappy about it, don’t play the victim: get back in the game.
Bored? It’s time to ask for new challenges. When work fails to fulfill us, it quickly becomes drudgery. There’s always plenty to do. You can shatter inertia by just getting started. Take that first step; others will follow.
Unless you tap into a fresh reservoir, your spiritual well will eventually run dry. Replenish your Spirit with a dip into new experiences: meditation, drumming, fasting. Open yourself to new possibilities.
Four of Cups’
The Extended Cup
Remember the Ace? Here again, opportunity knocks, but we may be too distracted or dull-witted to hear it. What opportunities are you overlooking today?
The Three Known Cups
The figure in Rider–Waite–Smith-inspired decks already possesses three familiar, comforting cups. What emotional or spiritual resource are you taking for granted?
How might focusing on pleasure yet to come help you deal with the less attractive, less engaging responsibilities you face today?
The Marseilles Image
Four Cups anchor a flowering vine, providing stability, but also limiting further growth. What ingrained emotional responses, useful in the past, limit your personal evolution now?
- A lover is getting restless.
- Find out what he or she needs, or new opportunities may lure your partner away.
- Between July 12 and July 21
- “I appreciate what I have been given.”
- Numerology Number
(the status quo: stability, equality, persistence)
- Astrology Element
- Astrology Planet in Sign
- Moon in Cancer
- For right or wrong, the main character refuses to re-evaluate his or her feelings about an important person or issue. Alternatively, the main character suffers from boredom.
- Questions to Ask
- How can I use this “downtime” to my best advantage?
- How can I show my partner that I don’t take him or her for granted?
- To what extent is my mood blinding me to new opportunities?
- Related Pages
- Tarot Card Meanings Guide
- Exploring Today’s Tarot
- Consulting the Tarot
- Traditional Tarot Card Meanings
- Thirteen Fun Things to Do with Tarot Cards
- Where to Go to Learn More