Three of Cups’ Upright & Reversed Meanings
Ideas: Event cancelation, social anxiety, social distancing
Traits: Aloof, asocial, cautious, independent, individualistic, private, reserved, self-sufficient, shy
Emotions: Annoyance, anxiety, disappointment, frustration, irritation, loneliness, nervousness, uneasiness
- Avoiding crowded places
- Canceling gathering event
- Coping with social anxiety
- Distancing yourself from a group
- Leaving a party early
- Searching a social group where you truly belong
Ideas: Celebration, community, expression
Traits: Agreeable, companionly, friendly, fun-loving, generous, high-spirited, relaxed, sensual, sociable, tasteful
Emotions: Caring, compassion, contentment, enjoyment, jolliness, joy, pleasure, satisfaction
- Celebrating your feelings or connections with others
- Embracing unconventional romantic arrangements
- Expressing joy through song, dance, or physical affection
- Hanging out with your circle of friends
- Sharing and enjoying your harvest with others
- Working together with others who share your feelings
Ideas: Manic emotions, social obligation, unhealthy partying
Traits: Confused, demanding, greedy, impractical, indulgent, irrational, unrealistic
Emotions: Desire, infatuation, hysteria, lust, neglect
- Being dominated by manic emotions
- Demanding unreasonable support from friends or family
- Expecting everyone to always feel the same way you do
- Feeling obliged to entertain others
- Mistaking giddiness for true affection
- Partying to a dangerous or unhealthy extent
Three of Cups’ Advice
To have more friends, be one. Look for opportunities to serve others or aid them in their pursuits. Shared success is sweeter, and you’ll find your own success is multiplied when you’re helping others achieve their goals, too.
Be open to unconventional relationships that defy your dearly-held expectations. Saying what you feel may not be enough; sometimes, actions speak louder than words. Think beyond sex. What service can you render as a way of showing your love?
For insight into what you really love to do, monitor how you spend your time. We make time for what delights us. If your schedule is dominated by things you don’t love doing, it’s time to realign your priorities. Ask others how they manage their time.
Especially when walking a solitary path, it’s easy to neglect the rituals that are an integral part of living with Spirit. Become a part of a like-minded group. Celebrate the season. Seek outward, shared expressions of your inner faith.
Three of Cups’ Symbols & Insights
The Dancing Women
In Rider–Waite–Smith-inspired decks, this card frequently depicts three dancing women. How in touch are you with your more feminine emotions and instincts? To what extent do you regard “expressing emotion” as a feminine trait?
Upraised cups suggest a toast, which, by extension, is associated with wine. What deserves to be celebrated, and what form of recognition would be appropriate?
Celebration versus Inebriation
At what point do you cross the line from having fun to having too much fun? How can you know when enough’s enough?
The Marseilles Image
The blossom seen on the Two of Cups has matured into a third cup: the “offspring” off the original pair. What fruit is being produced by your own spiritual work or emotional involvement?
More About Three of Cups Tarot Card
- Unconventional romance is coming your way: a gay or lesbian relationship, or a love affair with someone you’ve always dismissed.
- Between July 2 and July 11
- “I allow my actions to reflect my true emotions.”
- Numerology Number
(the result: expression, productivity, output)
- Classical Element
- Astrological Planet in Sign
- Mercury in Cancer
- The main character’s actions show how he or she really feels.
- Questions to Ask
- What’s worth celebrating in my life?
- How can I demonstrate my feelings in appropriate ways?
- What can I do to show my partner how I really feel?
- Related Pages
- Tarot Card Meanings Guide
- Exploring Today’s Tarot
- Consulting the Tarot
- Traditional Tarot Card Meanings
- Thirteen Fun Things to Do with Tarot Cards
- Where to Go to Learn More