Three of Pentacles’ Upright & Reversed Meanings
Ideas: Layoff, resignation, solopreneur
Traits: Aimless, independent, self-reliant, self-sufficient, solitary, uncooperative, undemanding
Emotions: Disappointment, nervousness, rejection, relief, uneasiness
- Considering the right candidate for the job
- Ending a contract by agreement
- Improving teamwork in the workplace
- Preparing for a job interview
- Reviewing customers’ feedback
- Working alone
Ideas: Contribution, specifications, teamwork
Traits: Capable, cooperative, efficient, hardworking, methodical, meticulous, practical, purposeful, serious, skillful
Emotions: Eagerness, enjoyment, enthusiasm, optimism
- Having team discussion about plans or requests
- Inviting people to join your team
- Negotiating a deal about a potential transaction
- Performing according to specifications
- Setting and meeting standards
- Tracking the progress of a project together
Ideas: Difficult clients, perfectionism, unproductive meetings
Traits: Busy, demanding, difficult, distractible, greedy, irrational, troublesome
Emotions: Annoyance, desire, frustration, irritation
- Adding or changing project requirements constantly
- Asking for a promotion too early
- Dealing with difficult clients
- Extending a deadline
- Having too many unproductive meetings
- Pandering to the tastes of others
Three of Pentacles’ Advice
Integrity is a fragile thing; one broken promise or one unmet commitment can shatter it forever. If you are out of integrity with someone, it’s time to correct the situation by admitting fault and accepting consequences. If someone is out of integrity with you, you’ll have to decide what value you place on giving them a second chance.
What are the terms that govern your relationship? What have you agreed to do? What roles and responsibilities fall to your partner or friend? The health of any relationship is directly related to the effort both partners make to fulfill their obligations. If you haven’t discussed terms, do so.
It’s time to review contracts and agreements. To what extent do you deliver an honest day’s work? To what extent is this fairly compensated? If you agreed to work for a certain price, you should fulfill that agreement, even if you underestimated the time and effort involved in a project. A formula for success: know what you need, ask for it up front, and deliver more than promised.
In return for dedicated pursuit, a spiritual path should yield focus, fulfillment, and peace. To what extent is your own spiritual practice delivering the promised changes in mind, body, and prosperity? It may be time to evaluate what you’re giving … and receiving.
Three of Pentacles’ Symbols & Insights
The Worker’s Review
In Rider–Waite–Smith-inspired decks, officials or patrons review a craftsman’s labor. To what extent has he met their expectations? Others may view you as a craftsman—if only in the metaphorical sense. Will your work please or offend … and why?
Your effort will likely be judged by the quality of its output. What is the final result of your labor? What does that product say about you, your ethics, and your level of expertise?
Your Role as Creator
How might a desire to revise the work of others play a role in your current situation? To what extent can you see yourself “behind the scenes” of what you’re facing now? What could you produce that is distinctively yours?
The Marseilles Image
A flowering vine shaped vaguely like a heart coils around three coins—two in a pair, one alone. When two people come together in work or in love, their union produces something entirely new. What is your friendship, romance, or cooperative effort producing? What does that product say about the nature of the relationship itself?
More About Three of Pentacles Tarot Card
- A high-dollar contract is in your future.
- If you work hard, you’ll succeed.
- Between December 31 and January 9
- “My work produces results.”
- Numerology Number
(the result: expression, productivity, output)
- Classical Element
- Astrological Planet in Sign
- Mars in Capricorn
- The main character achieves a result that no other characters have been able to attain.
- Questions to Ask
- How can I get more done?
- What’s expected of me? How large a role do I play in controlling those expectations?
- What’s been agreed to? How well has that agreement been followed?
- Related Pages
- Tarot Card Meanings Guide
- Exploring Today’s Tarot
- Consulting the Tarot
- Traditional Tarot Card Meanings
- Thirteen Fun Things to Do with Tarot Cards
- Where to Go to Learn More