Nine of Pentacles’ Upright & Reversed Meanings
Ideas: Deficiency, reappearance, suboptimality
Traits: Anticipative, aspiring, busy, frugal, prudent, purposeful, self-conscious
Emotions: Hope, insecurity, nervousness, uneasiness
- Building a financial safety net
- Contributing to society with new skills
- Creating your own secret garden
- Improving your personal finances
- Returning to work after an absence
- Sharing your unique experiences with others
Ideas: Comfort, hobby, safety net
Traits: Disciplined, gentle, independent, leisurely, relaxed, self-reliant, self-sufficient, slow
Emotions: Contentment, enjoyment, pleasure, relief, satisfaction
- Breaking a complex task down into simple steps
- Enjoying your hard-earned reward
- Investing time in learning or teaching a difficult task
- Knowing the difference between needs and wants
- Making sacrifices as a way of achieving larger goals
- Restraining yourself from physical or financial extremes
Ideas: Exclusivity, self-admiration, strong preference
Traits: Asocial, demanding, difficult, idealistic, indulgent, perfectionist, secretive
Emotions: Desire, isolation, loneliness, pride
- Accepting only the things with finest possible quality
- Becoming reluctant to work when resources are running low
- Ignoring events that are unrelated to your personal matters
- Indulging in self-admiration
- Losing touch with the world
- Refusing to let others know what you are up to
Nine of Pentacles’ Advice
Be patient with yourself. Seek advice from those who easily do what you must strive to do. Give yourself time to learn a new process. If you’re hoping to engineer a change in your own behavior, recognize the value of little steps towards your goal.
We learn about love from our parents, but their examples may or may not be suitable for relationships we forge for ourselves. Everyone has something to learn about love. Model the level of love and patience you want your partner to provide.
Many problems arise when people are assigned to tasks to which they are not suited by training or nature. Where’s the disconnect? Identify what you don’t know, and ask for appropriate training. When using unskilled workers to do an elaborate task, scale expectations accordingly.
Wanting what you have can transform your world. All too often, we get caught up in the ruthless cycle of pursuing “bigger and better,” when, in fact, we could very easily make do. Today, consider how you can delight in what you’ve already been given.
Nine of Pentacles’ Symbols & Insights
The Hooded Falcon
Decks in the Rider–Waite–Smith family often illustrate this card with an image of a fine lady training a falcon. Training an animal requires patience and empathy. How might these qualities play a role in your situation today?
The Bumper Crop
While the lady of the manor focuses on the task at hand, a rich harvest of pentacles grows. Her bounty looks effortless, but a crop this rich doesn’t happen by accident. How have past efforts (or a lack of effort) shaped the situation you find yourself in now? To what extent is someone reaping what he or she has sown?
The woman on many versions of this card appears to have plenty of resources at her disposal. For you, how much is too little? How much is too much? What would be “just right?”
The Marseilles Image
The ninth Coin squeezes into position, disrupting the careful balance of the Eight. It bulges outward, forcing all other coins to the extreme ends of the card. In what way might your “desire of the moment” caught similar crowding in your own life?
More About Nine of Pentacles Tarot Card
- Until you appreciate what you have, you won’t have any luck getting more.
- Between September 2 and September 11
- “I know enough to be confident in my decisions.”
- Numerology Number
(the completion: fullness, readiness, ripeness)
- Classical Element
- Astrological Planet in Sign
- Venus in Virgo
- The main character outlines a detailed action plan, step-by-step. Alternatively, the main character is placed in a position for which he or she is completely unqualified.
- Questions to Ask
- If you could not have what you want, how would you make do?
- Could you make a complex task easier by breaking it down into smaller steps?
- How patient are you during the learning process? With yourself? With others?
- Related Pages
- Tarot Card Meanings Guide
- Exploring Today’s Tarot
- Consulting the Tarot
- Traditional Tarot Card Meanings
- Thirteen Fun Things to Do with Tarot Cards
- Where to Go to Learn More