Page of Pentacles’
Ideas: Adherence, industrial training, promotion
Traits: Dedicated, disciplined, farsighted, progressive, prudent, responsible, serious
Emotions: Enjoyment, enthusiasm, excitement, optimism
- Advancing to the next level of study
- Following the footsteps of successful people
- Gaining real-world experience
- Increasing your income
- Sticking to your plan
- Taking more responsibility
Ideas: Education, interest, scholarship
Traits: Aspiring, curious, experimental, practical, purposeful, studious, youthful
Emotions: Amazement, eagerness, hope, uneasiness
- Discovering new physical tasks
- Gaining knowledge by doing
- Launching a diet, a weight-lifting program, or a health-related effort
- Learning the value of a dollar
- Starting a savings plan
- Taking the first steps towards getting out of debt
Ideas: Flippancy, inattention, squander
Traits: Aimless, careless, childish, flamboyant, indulgent, irresponsible, shortsighted
Emotions: Envy, jealousy, neglect, pride
- Living strictly for today, with no thought of tomorrow
- Possessing immature attitudes towards pleasure-seeking activities
- Spending money carelessly
- Spinning your wheels
- Trying to appear healthier or wealthier than you really are
- Using wealth or beauty as an excuse for not having to learn and grow
Page of Pentacles’
Whatever our station in life, we can always be better stewards of the blessings we’ve received. Do old habits threaten your health? Set them aside. Today, make a point to take special care of whatever you’ve been given.
Don’t rush into sexual situations that make you uncomfortable or that push your limits. Give a relationship time to flourish before opening a joint checking account. Lending money is a sure way to poison friendships and relationships. Before starting something new, ask “What’s in this for me?”
Accepting lower pay as a means of gaining experience makes sense when starting your career—but experienced workers should view such arrangements with skepticism. Know what you’re worth. Look for opportunities to learn while doing. Subject all work to the practicality test.
Consider what role your faith should play in making financial and sexual decisions. To what extent would your financial or sexual activity differ if you were not on your current spiritual path? Your body is a precious gift; treat it as such. Keep material blessings in perspective.
Page of Pentacles’
Awkwardness and Silliness
The Rider–Waite–Smith Page of Pentacles romanticizes his Pentacle, holding it like a treasured bauble. This suggests a degree of impracticality; how might this quality play a role in your situation?
Earthiness versus Inexperience
The Page of Pentacles combines the practicality of Pentacles with the awkwardness of a Page. The result is someone who longs for more financial or sexual skill then he or she actually possesses. Sound familiar?
Learning by Doing
A little preparation in advance of a task can eliminate distraction and limit the potential for disaster. Just remember: once the action starts, you’re committed!
The Marseilles Image
In many versions of the Marseilles image, the Page of Coins gazes romantically at the Coin in his hand, but is oblivious to an identical Coin on the ground before him. How might enthusiasm or inexperience be blinding you to more practical alternatives?
- This card represents a young man or woman with an earthy, practical demeanor, likely born an Aries, Taurus, or Gemini, who playfully encourages you to take financial or sexual risks.
- Between March 21 and June 20
- “I am physically and financially responsible.”
- Classical Element
- Earth of Earth
- The Page of Pentacles can represent anyone who wants to or needs to learn (Page) more about money, health, or sexuality (Pentacles). Though fascinated with the physical realm, The Page may lack the experience or information needed to handle money or human sexuality with responsibility and confidence. He or she may overcompensate for this by wasting money, abusing his or her health, or over-indulging in or obsessing on sex.
- The main character must compensate for or learn from an earlier financial or sexual impropriety.
- Questions to Ask
- How can you get more financial or sexual experience without risking your livelihood or health?
- How might hands-on learning play a role in your situation?
- What’s the most practical choice you could make?
- Related Pages
- Tarot Card Meanings Guide
- Exploring Today’s Tarot
- Consulting the Tarot
- Traditional Tarot Card Meanings
- Thirteen Fun Things to Do with Tarot Cards
- Where to Go to Learn More